UPDATED: 28 January 2014
Outlined below is the process by which students studying at York's partner institutions apply to come on exchange to York.
2. Submit Exchange Application Form/On-Campus Housing Form by Deadline
3. Receive Admissions Package and Make Arrangements for Study Permits/Visas (where necessary)
4. Enroll in Courses
Applications must be forwarded to York International by the home institution. For a list of institutions that have agreements with York, please click here. (Note that the list also mentions specific requirements for students under each university. Please disregard these. These requirements are for current York University students wanting to study abroad on exchange).
Student completes the appropriate York exchange application form (whether interested in studying at the undergraduate or graduate level). These forms are then submitted to York International by the students home institution by the deadlines listed below. Please note the deadline for the Winter term (January) applications is the same time as the Fall and full year applications.
- York International offers exchanges to students during the Fall and/or Winter terms only
- When filling out the forms students should clearly print their email address. Email is the main means of communication between York International and Incoming Exchange students. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure that their email address is legible.
- Those students who do not speak English as a first language must send proof of language proficiency equal to the appropriate TOEFL scores.
- If students require disability services, they should indicate what kind of assistance they require when they submit their application form.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2014-2015 NOW AVAILABLE
FORMS Deadline Graduate Exchange Application February 01 Undergraduate Exchange Application April 01 (Osgoode Hall Law School deadline March 15)
Exchange Program On-Campus Housing Application
Housing applications will be sent directly to students when available (in April).
Please pay close attention to the exchange application dates, as we cannot guarantee acceptance of an application received after the deadline.
Applications for all terms (including winter) must be received by the dates above. We cannot guarantee processing times, as well as on-campus housing requests, for applicants if the application package is received past the deadline. In addition, course availability may be severely limited if students apply late.
York University reviews the application and supporting documentation and issues an admission package directly to the student. Documentation required to apply for the appropriate immigration documentation is part of the Admissions package. Students starting their exchange in September, can expect to receive their admission package by July 1.
Please note: It is the student's responsibility to find out the immigration requirements and to process the necessary documents for travel to Canada. Students can find this information by getting in touch with the Canadian Consular office nearest to them.
Students should review the department/program restrictions outlined here, when preparing their application.